Published: February 20, 2011
Callaway Cars Inc. is a notable engine design company specially for their Corvette modifications. Firstly, Callaway developed turbocharget kits for BMW, VW, Porsche and others, but the real deal came with twin turbo kit for Corvette in 1987.
The latest creation is Callaway C16 based on C6 Corvette. C16 is offered in 3 body styles – convertible, coupe and speedster. All of them are marketed as rivals for european supercars. Well, with Callaway modified LS3 engine C16 produces 650 HP and this may be enough to fight the mighty europeans. Especially with the 700 HP Callaway C16 Speedster.
Photo credits: Ron Kimball [Speedster and Convertible], Bill Delaney [Coupe]
Total views: 2,997, today: 1
- 2014 Callaway Camaro Z/28 SC652 For those who find their 2014 500 HP Z/28 short in power Callaway has their kit to offer. It converts your Z/28 to 2014 Callaway Camaro Z/28 SC652.
Callaway's Z/28 keeps all the […]
- Callaway C7 AeroWagon Callaway, known for its Corvette-treatment, plans to convert your latest C7 Coupe Vette into Shooting Brake for "just" under $15K. They call it AeroWagon conversion. It is gonna attach […]
- Callaway Sledgehammer Back in 1988 Callaway took a C4 Corvette and turned it into speed monster - the Sledgehammer. The idea was to beat the speed record. They managed to reach 254.76 mph [410 kmh] by using 898 […]
- Callaway offers 570 HP for 2014 Chevrolet SS The freshly unveiled 2014 Chevrolet SS already has some upgrades offered. Callaway may get your 2014 SS up to 570 HP (vs 415 HP standard) by adding EatonRoots supercharger system, low […]
- Dale Earnhardt Jr sells 2 of his cool cars Do you like the 1955 Chevy Bel Air? And what about 1999 Callaway C12? And maybe you've heard something about Dale Earnhardt Jr (NASCAR legend for those who aren't familiar)? Well, he has […]