This car was a long-rumored, highly expected and speculated. It took quite a while for it just to come true as a concept, but it is finally here – a mid-engine Corvette titled as Aria Concept. This car is a homage to GM’s designer Ed Taylor aka “Fast Eddy”.
Aria Group, a design and fabrication company from California, said to the Car & Driver that they wanted to step on nobody’s toes at the GM, so the design came out very unique despite its connection to the Vette.
Sadly, the concept is standstill and has no true engine put into it, but, i they could, they’d put the engine from Z06 – a 6.2 liter supercharged 650 horsepower monster with 650 lb-ft (881 Nm) of torque. They’d mate it to a 6-speed dual-clutch transmission to get an overall 3000 pounds of weight (1360 kilos).
A 107-inch wheelbase features custom 5 spoke wheels from HRE and there are 4 sizes planned for this mid-engine Corvette: 20/21/22 and 24-inch.
Photos: GM, HRE
- 1962 Custom C1 Corvette C1 Corvette - it started it all. One of a few truly legendary American classic cars that still lasts. This […]
- Zolland Design Corvette Stingray mashup Finally something really really interesting got under our radar. Zolland Design has came up with an awesome […]
- S550 Shooting Brake Mustang
You can only find Mustang shooting brake or wagon as an old school concept, custom or rendered. It never […]
- 1965 Ford Mustang by Bertone Scott Bailey, the founder and editor at Automobile Quarterly magazine commissioned the world famous Bertone […]
- Students draw 2025 SRT Hellcat Concepts
Youghsters... Companies need them to freshen up the blood. Last year Fiat-Chrysler held „Drive for Design“ […]
- 2016 Buick Avista Concept Buick has just unveiled their newest concept - Buick Avista. This is a beautiful rear wheel drive (RWD) 2+2 […]
- Frankenstude Thom Taylor took his first sketches of heavily customized Studebaker back in 1990, because according to Thom […]