It is very sad. Such a legendary, unique and very important automotive person passed away. According to Carroll Shelby International automotive icon died last night [10.05.12] at Baylor Hospital in Dallas [TX].
Joe Conway, president of Carroll Shelby International said: “There has been no one like Carroll Shelby and never will be. However, we promised Carroll we would carry on, and he put the team, the products and the vision in place to do just that”.
Not only Carroll Shelby was a succesfull racer [he won 3 USA nationals, onece at Le Mans races in Europe [with Aston Martin] and set up a few records at Bonneville Salt Flats], he also put a huge stamp in innovating automotive world by developing products like AC-based Shelby Cobra, Ford GT, Shelby Mustangs and many other cars.
RIP Mr Shelby, we’ll miss You.
You may honor Mr Shelby here
Photo Credits: Shelby & Ford
- Ford GT 40 The Ford GT was all about competing Ferrari. At first, the aim was to win some races against Ferrari, but […]
- 2014 Mustang GT by Doug Schramm Our fellow Doug Schramm [designer of Metalcrafters' Charger] finally updated us with finished designs of his […]
- Vanquish’d Pony – custom 2005 Mustang Guys at Western Motorsports [Calgary, Alberta] took a 2005 Mustang when it was a fresh new S197 platform and […]
- 2004 Shelby Cobra concept This 2004 Shelby Cobra concept roadster is inspired by the original 1964 Cobra that was developed by Carroll […]
- GAS Rocket – new muscle car by H. Fisker Henrik Fisker and Galpin Auto Sports have teased their Ford Mustang based "ultimate American muscle car" - […]
- Mustang Shelby GT: 1965-2011 Originally, Shelby GT's history started because of Ford's wish to enter Sports Car Club of America races […]
- 2016 Cobra Jet Mustang Press release
Ford’s support for grassroots drag racing continues with an advanced new Cobra Jet Mustang; […]