Published: September 19, 2010
A few decades ago designers used pencils to create their legendary muscle car designs. Many of them have historic value among muscle car enthusiasts. Sadly, some of the car makes, like Pontiac, will probably never be manufactured again, but at least young designers, equipped with modern design technologies and tools may suggest their ideas for the public which, I dare to say, are sometimes a few times better than the ones coming from the manufacturers’ studios.
Most of these concepts are not complete just because they design only the front or rear ends and even use “donor car” photos for their base. Would You believe that Barracuda is based on Infinity, or that the front view of Oldsmobile Toronado picture used to be a 2008 Ford rear view photo? Anyway, these concepts are inspired by the real muscle cars and represent the idea of what they could be today.
Picture credits: www.virtualistuning.hu
Total views: 38,639, today: 1
- 1954 Pontiac Bonneville Special This Bonneville concept was specially built to be unveiled at GM's Motorama back in 1954. Pontiac Bonneville Special is the first ever 2-seater sports car Pontiac has ever […]
- FireBlade – Concept Corvette If this Corvette ZR1 concept would get into production many muscle car enthusiasts would certainly be happy. South African designer Indries Noah designed his FireBlade in very aggressive […]
- Lingenfelter T/A VS Phoenix T/A Lingenfelter
This one is the 2010 Lingenfelter TA concept based on 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS and powered by 455 cubic 655 HP LS engine [7.5 liter aluminum block]. While the original 1971 […]
- 1952 Chrysler D’Elegance. $1 million. RM Auctions estimates to get $1 million for this very first 1952 Chrysler D'Elegance concept car designed by Virgil Exner. Displayed first in Paris in 1952, the D’Elegance was also a […]
- 2015 Buick Avenir Concept This is how your next luxury Buick may look. The new flagship sedan is just a concept, but it resembles what GM is on quite well. Buick unveiled their Avenir Concept at 2015 Detroit Auto […]