Guys at Western Motorsports [Calgary, Alberta] took a 2005 Mustang when it was a fresh new S197 platform and built a very special custom Mustang. In fact, the idea and concept came out early in 2004, but the result debuted at Ford’s booth at 2006 SEMA show.
This no-ordinary S197 pony is powered by 2004 Aston Martin Vanquish all migthy V12. As this was not enough they stroked the 5.935 liter engine to 6.1 liters and upgraded it with stroger Eagle rods and custom JE pistons to get more compression. This resulted 600 HP [520 HP stock] via 6-speed Tremec T-56 transmission. Framerails had to be strengthened and customised a bit to accomodate the V12 and massive wheels. The exhaust is evacuated through one-off WMS 6-2-1 Longtube Hedders mated to a 3-inch off-road Magnflow “Magnapack” Exhaust.
KW Suspensions coilovers help to manage the outrageous iForged Essen wheels – 19×9 & 19×12 wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport Tires, 275/35ZR19 front, 345/30ZR19 rear. Baer Extreme 14″ 6 piston brakes do the stop-job.
The body received quite a lot modifications too. Western Motorsports used a ’07 GT 500 fascia wish “Astonish” grille pattern, the hood has been modified with openings for dual air filter intake while front fenders got these amazing Aston Martin’s badges. The body got Classic Design galssback roof and was painted in amazing BASF R-M Carrizma Candy Blue. The interior features Cobra Missano alacantara seats, AiM Strata Dash & Datalogger.
The quick list of specs:
- iForged 19×9 & 19×12 Essen Wheels
- Michelin Pilot Sport Tires, 275/35ZR19 front, 345/30ZR19 rear
- Baer Extreme 14″ 6 piston brakes
- KW Suspension Coilovers front & rear
- BASF R-M Carrizma Candy Blue paint
- Painted by Duane Flodell & Fix Auto
- Classic Design Glassback roof
- Classic Design hood struts & rear blackout
- Cobra Missano Leather & Alcantra seats
- AiM Strada Dash / Datalogger
- Colecraft billet custom fender & hood vents
- WMS custom aluminum grill
- Aston Martin Vanquish V12
- Stroked to 6.1L, JE Pistons, Eagle Rods
- WMS Custom 6-2-1 hedders
- WMS Ported heads and intake
- Accufab TBs, WMS Velocity intakes
- ARP Engine Fasteners
- WMS / SDS Engine management
- MSD DIS 4 ignition
- WMS Wideband O2 sensors
- Magnaflow 3″ Cats, X & Catback
- Mcleod Street Twin clutch
- Tremec T-56 transmission
- Eaton Detroit TruTrac Diff