When the life cycle is over in 2017, GM is to drop the slow selling V8 SS. Since the next Holden Commodore (which is now a rebadged SS) will probably be based on an Opel Insignia, there’s nothing to support SS existence. Well, Alpha RWD platform could do that, but there’re no plans for that. No SS successor past 2017. Damn.
A candy before the kill
Anyway, GM executive is reported to have said that Chevrolet is now wondering to install some of the Camaro Z/28’s hardware into the SS (like track-tuned suspension and carbon ceramic brakes) which perhaps is a final send-off.
Camaro sends good news to Mustang world
No wrong hand drive option for the upcoming 2016 model. Not yet 100% fact, but pretty straight forward. So, we guess this is good news for the world wide minded ‘Stang.
- 2014 Chevrolet SS Coupe Concept Well, that's actually Holden Commodore SS envisioned as coupe concept, but this could easily be the 2014 SS […]
- 2014 Chevrolet SS Confirmed GM confirmed they are to build an Australian based V8 rear wheel drive sedan that is gonna be badged as 2014 […]
- 2014 Camaro Z/28 This muscle car will make you really happy, folks. Chevy is to bring pure joy for the 2014 Camaro Z/28. And […]
- El Camarino What if you were Australian and would like to own American muscle car? One guy took his Holden Cammodore SS […]
- 2012 Camaro Z28 Muscle car war isn't over yet. While Mustang offers their 302 Boss and Shelby GT500 models, Chevrolet […]
- Rendered: 2016 Camaro ZL1 and Convertible Our friends at TopSpeed.com published two nice renders of freshly unveiled 2016 Chevrolet Camaro: the […]
- This is it – the all new 2016 Camaro Finally, thesixh generation 2016 Chevrolet Camaro is revealed. It is based on GM successfull Alpha platform, […]