Published: March 14, 2012
According to Al Oppenheiser, chief engineer of Chevrolet, the 6th generation 2015 Camaro is not going under major design changes, ’cause they do not want to mess with their instant luck among muscle car enthusiasts and give out the position to Mustang which is loosing to Camaro in sales for the last 2 years. Those changes are going to be more of an evolution, not revolution. “We always have to stay fresh and ahead ” he says, “we do not want to lose the fact that we have nearly 40 percent of the market.”
The biggest issues are weight and CAFE [corporate average fuel economy] fuel economy regulations. As a result, everything is under considerations right now: displacement, number of cylinders, V6 and even 4-cyl engines are rumored to get turbocharged in order to fit regulations.
Picture: 2011 Synergy Series Camaro by Chevrolet
Total views: 4,667, today: 1
- Futuristic 2015 Camaro Concept Arkadiy Okhman is a student at the College for Creative Studies [Detroit] has envisioned his own next generation 2015 Camaro. He calls it Camaro SS/R, but it actually looks more like the […]
- 2015 Camaro render by Hermance design It is no secret that there're much of truth among all those 6th generation Camaro rumors. It is expected to get lighter, smaller but will still remain familiar to 5th generation […]
- 2016 Camaro Concept MonaroSS, the member at GMinsideNews, did a very nice and interesting study on how 6th generation Camaro should look like. Its design is based on 5th generation, but is tweaked in […]
- Students render 2015 Camaro Those are a few other nice 2015 Camaro concept rendered by students of the College of Creative Studies for 2012 Interactive design Competition.
What's very nice about these renders is […]
- 2015 Camaro Commemorative Edition Chevrolet showed their Commemorative Edition of 5th generation Camaro. It will debut at SEMA show next week.
This editinion will be available in both engines with some exterior […]